Creating a safer workplace.
Western Reserve Safety Council presents topics that help our members provide a safer environment for their employees while mitigating risk and reducing costs.
Topic: To Sit, or To Stand? That is the Question in Office Ergonomics
Speaker: Jennifer Lingafelter, Ohio BWC
This month you will learn:
* Review the evolution of office ergonomics and electronic devices
* Discuss the neutral posture versus the best posture when typing
* Share suggestions for a healthy computing environment
* Discuss the effectiveness of alternative workstations; treadmill desks, steppers, balance balls
* Identify other office hazards and how to avoid them
About the Speaker: Jennifer Lingafelter is an Ergonomics Consultant the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Division of Safety & Hygiene. She has worked with employers in Northeast Ohio for the past 24 years assisting them with workplace evaluations, safety grants and ergonomics/safety team development.
Jennifer has a BS in Industrial & Systems Engineering from The Ohio State University, an MBA from the University of Findlay and is certified by the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics. She is currently working on another Master’s degree in Website Design and Online Communication from the University of Florida.
This spot is open!