Creating a safer workplace.
Western Reserve Safety Council presents topics that help our members provide a safer environment for their employees while mitigating risk and reducing costs.
Topic: To Sit, or To Stand? That is the Question in Office Ergonomics
Speaker: Audrey Backes, Ohio BWC
This month you will learn:
* Review the evolution of office ergonomics and electronic devices
* Discuss the neutral posture versus the best posture when typing
* Share suggestions for a healthy computing environment
* Discuss the effectiveness of alternative workstations; treadmill desks, steppers, balance balls
* Identify other office hazards and how to avoid them
About the Speaker: Audrey Backes is an ergonomist with the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation. She joined the Bureau in March of 2015 after working as a Safety Director at a lime mine and as an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist at a CNC machining & assembly shop before that. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Bowling Green State University in Environmental Health and Safety and a Master’s Degree from the University of Toledo in Occupational Health and Safety. She has extensive experience in working to prevent injuries and illness caused from work-related hazards and exposures.
This spot is open!